HPE StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library
Includes: 2.5M PDU Power Cord, Rack-Mount Kit and Power Supply
Call For Lowest Price!
Are your ever expanding data storage, protection and retention needs getting out of hand? The HPE StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library is the gold standard for mid-range tape automation, delivering best-in-class scalability, density, and performance to meet your short-term backup and disaster recovery data protection needs, as well as long-term archival requirements. Keep pace with data growth by seamlessly scaling up to 7 modules—without disrupting daily data protection. You also save extensive space, as the HPE MSL6480 provides the highest tape drive density per module of any mid-range tape library. The HPE MSL6480 Tape Library reduces the time and resources needed to achieve enterprise-class manageability, equipping you with proactive monitoring on single pane of glass control. Reduce TCO by reusing current MSL tape drives and adding more capacity and performance as you need it. Competitively priced, the HPE MSL6480 Tape Library offers an outstanding return on your storage investment.
- The HPE StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library now supports LTO-8 technology.
- HPE MSL6480 now supports path failover for LTO-8 drives besides LTO-7, LTO-6 and LTO-5 drives.
- The HPE StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library now supports LTO-7 Type M media.
- Easy scalability - pay as you grow with the fast, non-disruptive addition of Expansion Modules for expansion of tape slots.
- Start with an 80-slot 6U form-factor Base Library Module, and add up to 6 Expansion Library Modules for a total of 560 slots in a 42U rack form factor
- 16.8PB of total maximum compressed capacity with 560 slots and LTO-8 drives
- Performance scaling from 1 to 42 LTO HH Tape Drives and transfer rates of 300 MB/s per LTO-8 Tape Drive.
- Industry leading storage density to save rack space, floor space, power, cooling and management costs - 13 cartridge slots (390 TB) per 1U of rack space
- Best in class flexibility with up to 20 logical library partitions
- Customer installable, scalable and serviceable with a color touch control panel and wizards for installation and configuration
- Manage multiple HPE Tape Libraries from a single pane of glass with HPE StoreEver CommandView Tape Library software
- Intelligent, proactive and predictive reporting with HPE StoreEver TapeAssure Advanced
- Using the HPE Encryption Kit get the simplest, lowest cost encryption and key management solution available - no additional software required
- Existing customers of MSL2024, 4048, and 3040 Tape Libraries can repurpose their drives in the MSL6480 library to leverage their investment
- The HPE extensive interoperability testing means that MSL6480 integrates with industry-leading servers, operating systems and backup software
- Achieve higher levels of availability with data path failover and control path failover.
Driving the Industry in Scalability for a Better Tape Solution
The HPE StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library preserves your initial capital investment with a single solution that scales seamlessly to accommodate your requirements. You can effortlessly address both your short-term and long-term storage needs and respond to unpredictable growth, service or changes.
The HPE StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library has scale-out architecture which allows you to pay as you grow - simply add in new modules to boost capacity and performance without investing in a whole new library. When needed, upgrades are fast and non-disruptive.
Scale vertically from 80 to 560 cartridge slots to store up to 8.4 PB1 in a single 19-inch rack, add in between 1 to 42 LTO-8, LTO-7, LTO-6 or LTO-5 half-height SAS or FC drives for speeds of up to 60.4 TB/hour.1
You can easily manage expansion module installations as they are simple to configure and remove. The HPE MSL6480 features a touch operator control panel with wizards for easy install and configuration.
HPE StoreEver MSL Tape Libraries easily manage your media both in or out of the tape library with a standard bar code reader and configurable 10-slot removable magazines.
Reduce Administration Time—Enterprise-class Manageability and Reliability
The HPE StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library will free up your resources with automated, consolidated and simplified data protection and archive capabilities that reduce human intervention and error, adding more to your bottom line.
Your administrators can manage, configure and use the library from across the room or across the globe with Hewlett Packard Enterprise-unique, web-based remote management and diagnostic tools.
Administrators can proactively and intelligently monitor utilization, operational performance and overall life and health of the library, drives and media with HPE TapeAssure Advanced Software.
HPE TapeAssure Advanced software provides a complete tape analytics infrastructure that is designed to reduce unscheduled backup downtime, mitigate the risks in hardware failures and increase the return on investment through higher asset utilization.
Save Money – Reduce Power, Cooling, Floor Space and Hardware Costs
The HPE StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library offers 13 cartridge slots, or up to 390TB per 1U of rack space using LTO-8 drives, while providing the highest tape drive density per module of any mid-range tape library, providing flexible options to consider for your business.
The HPE MSL6480 Tape Library offers scalability from 80 to 560 slots with a single expandable library, so there’s no need to rip and replace as your storage requirements grow.
For unmatched investment protection, you can reuse any HPE MSL2024 or HPE MSL4048 tape drive canisters in the HPE MSL6480 Tape Library.
Partitioning allows each partitioned library to be presented to the host as an independent library, separate from other partitions in the library.
Reduce Risk—Dependable Multi-year Data Protection and Security
Safeguard your data in the library, after export, and when it’s offsite with several security encryption offerings. Select from either the low-cost security solution for small to medium business or leverage larger enterprise encryption options with support of KMIP compliant encryption key servers.
Depend on long-term data archiving with media specified to a 30-year shelf-life in normal ambient conditions. Easily transport rugged LTO cartridges off-site for disaster recovery purposes, and use WORM media for protection against accidental overwrite.
High availability path failover uses host drivers in conjunction with library and drive firmware to manage multiple paths across multiple SANs, present a single drive or robot path to applications, and automatically transfer commands to the new path if the original path is lost.
HPE Data Verification Software is available on the HPE MSL6480 tape library to increase data restore reliability by scanning infrequently accessed LTO tapes to monitor data quality and media health.
|HPE StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library Specifications|
|Drive type||LTO-8 Ultrium 30750 LTO-7 Ultrium 15000 LTO-6 Ultrium 6250 LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 Supported (0) included|
|Capacity||16.8PB Compressed 2.5:1 Maximum depending on drives and expansion modules selected|
|Host interface||8 Gb/sec Fibre Channel 6 Gb/sec SAS Depending on drive type|
|Transfer rate||1.4 TB/hr Compressed 2.5:1 Maximum depending on drive type and number of drives|
|Number of cartridge slots||80|
|Encryption capability||AES 256-bit|
|Minimum dimensions ( H x W x D)||10.55 X 18.7 X 35.1 in (26.8 x 47.5 x 89.2 cm)|
|Weight||90.4 lb (43.6 kg)|
|Warranty||1-year parts, 1-year labor, 1-year onsite support coverage. For more warranty information refer to https://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/wc/public/home.|
Access expertise at every step of your IT journey with HPE Pointnext Services. Advisory Services focuses on your business outcomes and goals, to design your transformation and build a roadmap tuned to your unique challenges. Our Professional and Operational Services help speed up time-to-production and keep your IT stable and reliable.
- HPE Datacenter Care helps modernize and simplify IT operations. Partner with an assigned account team, access technical expertise, an enhanced call experience gives you priority access, choose hardware and software support, implement proactive monitoring to help stay ahead of issues, and access HPE IT best practices and IP.
- HPE Proactive Care offers an enhanced call experience and helps reduce problems with personalized proactive reports and advice. This also includes collaborative software support for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), (Red Hat, VMWare, Microsoft, etc.).
- HPE Foundation Care helps when there is a problem and has a choice of response levels. Collaborative software support is included and provides troubleshooting help for ISVs running on your server.
Other Related Services
Defective Media Retention is optional and applies only to Disk or eligible SSD/Flash Drives replaced by HPE due to malfunction.
HPE Service Credits offers a menu of technical services, access additional resources, and specialist skills.
HPE Education Services delivers a comprehensive range of services to support your people as they expand their skills required for a digital transformation.
Consult your HPE Sales Representative or Authorized Channel Partner of choice for any additional questions and support options.
Download the HPE StoreEver MSL6480 Tape Library Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Includes: 2.5M PDU Power Cord, Rack-Mount Kit and Power Supply
Call For Lowest Price!
Our Price: $5,300.00
Our Price: $5,100.00
Our Price: $6,901.00
Our Price: $6,766.00
Our Price: $8,495.00
Our Price: $7,964.00