HPE Apollo 6000 Chassis
Extreme compute performance in a high-density package
Get a Quote!
The HPE Apollo a6000 Chassis provides power, cooling, and I/O infrastructure to support HPE ProLiant XL Servers and options today and for years to come. This 5U chassis holds up to 10 server trays vertically and fits in a standard rack. The Innovation Zone in the back of the chassis holds up to 10 I/O modules, with dual HPE FlexibleLOMs supporting 1GbE or 10GbE. Power is delivered through an external 1.5U power shelf (14.4 kW or 15.9 kW) supporting up to 6 chassis depending on power load. Choose from single or 3-phase AC input, with 12 x 12V DC cables from the power shelf to the chassis. An HPE Advanced Power Management module helps optimize rack, chassis, and server power insight and management.
- Flexible, Modular Infrastructure
- The 5U HPE Apollo a6000 chassis accommodates up to 10 hot-swap server trays.
- The Innovation Zone at the back of the chassis features 10 I/O modules with choice of 1GbE or 10GbE.
- Rear cabled cold aisle servicing, this density optimized chassis fits standard racks.
- Rack Scale Efficiency
- Rack level management, networking and cabling consolidation with chassis-level HPE iLO port aggregation and chassis-to-chassis serial HPE iLO connections.
- Chassis, power and cooling is shared across servers, and chassis for rack scale efficiency.
- HPE Advanced Power Manager provides single console insight and management for racks, chassis, servers and more.
Fast, resilient and secure compute, storage and fabric technologies, with rack-level efficiencies delivering exceptional price/performance
Whether you’re designing an airplane, discovering an oil reservoir, creating a feature‑length animated film, detecting fraud, or mapping the human genome—high-performance computing (HPC) enables you to bring more innovative, higher-quality products and services to the market faster than ever before. In many cases, HPE solution for HPC workloads makes it possible for you to solve problems that simply could not be solved otherwise.
Even so, enterprises are challenged to solve these highly complex computational problems quickly and with lower IT overhead—while minimizing unexpected costs and simplifying rack-level HPC deployments.
To address the growing demand for HPC and the relentless pursuit of efficiency, HPE has taken the lead on a new approach—thinking beyond the server and designing a rack-level solution that gives you the right compute at the right economics. The HPE Apollo 6000 Gen10 System offers you excellent compute performance with rack-level air-cooled density, and flexibility to tailor the system to precisely meet the most demanding HPC workload requirements.
For comprehensive HPE solution you may choose the HPC software suite and HPE Pointnext Services to build and support IT at scale to drive your business success.
Versatile Performance, Efficiency, and Time to Value
For IT managers who need to tackle the most complex problems quickly, the HPE Apollo 6000 Gen10 System’s new integrated design allows deploying hundreds of servers quickly and use the clusters immediately. Leading edge technologies of the system are optimized to deliver performance and conserve energy. Integrated design simplifies deployment and comprehensive management tools lower IT overhead.
Enjoy leading-edge technology and performance
- Achieve 323 TFLOPS per rack with Intel Xeon Processor Scalable family delivering up to a 2X performance increase over earlier generation processors
- Get the latest compute, storage, and fabric technologies available today, in an architecture future-proofed to support upcoming technologies
- Drive rack-scale efficiency
- Benefit from rack-level reliability, availability, serviceability, and manageability (RASM) features through an integrated design
- Quickly deploy, service, and manage the compute and storage with cold aisle front accessible nodes
Lower your TCO
- Lower power and space requirements with an optimized architectural integrated design
- Eliminate stranded switch ports with an optimized design aligned to fabric radix
HPE Apollo K6000 Chassis Features
- 12U air-cooled chassis
- 24 front-accessible nodes
Highly integrated chassis:
- Hot-plug redundant power supplies with common cooling
- A choice between high-speed InfiniBand Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) or Intel Omni-Path Architecture (OPA) switches
- 10GbE switch or pass-through module
High-Performance Fabric Interconnects
All HPE Apollo 6000 Gen10 Systems support the latest high-bandwidth, low-latency interconnect technologies. Choose between InfiniBand, which provides the performance and scalability required by HPC clusters and data center applications or Intel OPA, which delivers HPC workloads and scales to tens of thousands of servers.
Depending on their preference, customers can choose from the following system management software:
- HPE Performance Cluster Manager
Fully integrated system management solution offering all the functionalities you need to manage your HPE Linux-based high performance computing (HPC) clusters, including HPE Apollo 6000, all day everyday including system setup, hardware monitoring and management and cluster health management, image management and software updates as well as power management. The software also integrates with leading HPC ISV and open source software solutions.
Alternatively, to manage heterogeneous clusters or for customers with additional requirements, HPE also offers:
- Bright Cluster Manager
Software from Bright Computing automates the process of building and managing Linux clusters in the data center and in the cloud offering system monitoring and management, provisioning, GPU management, cloud bursting and more.
Besides Bright Cluster Manager, Bright Cluster Manager for Science Data and Bright OpenStack are also available.
|Extreme compute configuration N + 0 (15.9 kW)||Typical configuration N + 1 (13.2 kW)|
|Node with 2 x 165 W SKL||Node with 2 x 145 W SKL|
|12 DDR4 DIMMs||12 DDR4 DIMMs|
|2 SATA HDDs||2 SATA HDDs|
|2 x EDR Mezzanine Adapter + switch||EDR Mezzanine Adapter + switch|
|2 x 10/40GbE switch||10/40GbE switch|
|APM module||APM module|
|4 x front and 12 x rear fans||4 x front and 12 x rear fans|
|HPE ProLiant XL230k Gen10 Server|
|Form factor||HPE ProLiant XL230k Gen10 Server is a single-slot tray for the HPE Apollo k6000 chassis|
|Processors||The Intel Xeon Processor Scalable family including Intel Xeon Platinum Processor|
|Chipset||Intel C622 series chipset|
|Max. processor speed||3.6 GHz|
|Drive description||4 SFF SAS/SATA/NVMe|
|Supported drives||Hot-plug 2.5-inch SAS/SATA|
|Memory slots||16 x DDR4-2666 DIMMs
12 x RDIMMs/LRDIMMs
4 x 3D XPoint
|Memory max.||1024 GB (16 x 64 GB) per server tray|
|Memory type, ECC||DDR4; RDIMM/LRDIMM 2666 MHz|
|Network options||2 x 10GbE integrated ports, InfiniBand EDR or Intel OPA Mezzanine cards|
|Storage controller||HPE Dynamic Smart Array S100i SATA Controller
HPE Smart Array E208i-p Controller
HPE Smart Array P408i-p Controller
|Expansion slots||2 x InfiniBand EDR or Intel OPA Mezzanine Adapters PCIe slot options:
|USB ports||1 internal and 2 external via serial, USB, video (SUV) port|
|System Management||Embedded Management: iLO 5
Cluster Management: HPE Performance Cluster Manager
|OS support||Microsoft Windows Server
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and 8
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11.4 or later
The HPE Apollo a6000 Chassis is designed with density optimization in mind to help you manage and scale to your business computing demands. The new modular HPE Apollo a6000 Chassis was designed to hold various compute servers and/or accelerator trays to fit your specific workload. Each chassis can hold up to 10 single slot XL230a servers or 5 XL250a servers.
Cooling concerns are reduced by five dual rotor fans that shares a cooling zone and as an additional feature, power can be managed by an HPE Advanced Power Manager (APM) option at the server, chassis or power shelf level. Together they provide the performance you need at the price you can afford.
HPE Apollo a6000 Chassis
- HPE Apollo a6000 Chassis
- Server tray blank
- Server tray
- Dual Rotor Fan Assembly
- I/O module
- Power cage 2
- Management module
- Power cage 1
Server tray bay numbering (1-10) - Front View
Populate trays from right (Bay 10)-> left (Bay 1)
Server tray bay- Rear View (mirror image)
Rear panel components
- I/O modules (10)
- Fans (5)
- Power cage 2
- Management module
- Power cage 1
HPE Pointnext leverages our breadth and depth of technical expertise and innovation to help to accelerate digital transformation. A comprehensive portfolio that includes—Advisory, Professional, and Operational Services is designed to help you evolve and grow today and into the future.
- HPE Flexible Capacity is a new consumption model to manage ondemand capacity, combining the agility and economics of public cloud with the security and performance of on-premises IT.
- HPE Datacenter Care offers a tailored operational support solution built on core deliverables. It includes hardware and software support, a team of experts to help personalize deliverables and share best practices, as well as optional building blocks to address specific IT and business needs.
- HPE Proactive Care is an integrated set of hardware and software support including an enhanced call experience with start to finish case management helping resolve incidents quickly and keeping IT reliable and stable.
- HPE Foundation Care helps when there is a hardware or software problem offering several response levels dependent on IT and business requirements.
Advisory Services includes design, strategy, road map, and other services to help enable the digital transformation journey, tuned to IT and business needs. Advisory Services helps customers on their journey to Hybrid IT, Big Data, and the Intelligent Edge.
Professional Services helps integrate the new solution with project management, installation and startup, relocation services, and more. We help mitigate risk to the business so there is no interruption when new technology is being integrated in the existing IT environment.
Download the HPE Apollo 6000 Chassis Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!