HPE Apollo 2000 Gen10 Plus System
A high-density, scalable two-unit server that delivers higher performance and workload capacity
Get a Quote!
Do you need a dense, scalable building block to meet changing demands as you continue your digital transformation journey?
HPE is bringing the power of supercomputing to datacenters of any size with the Apollo 2000 Gen10 Plus system. The HPE Apollo 2000 Gen10 Plus System is a dense, multi-server platform that packs incredible performance and workload flexibility into a small datacenter space, while delivering the efficiencies of a shared infrastructure. It is designed to provide a bridge to scale-out architecture for traditional data centers, so enterprise and SME customers can achieve the space-saving value of density-optimized infrastructure in a cost-effective and non-disruptive manner.
The Apollo 2000 Gen10 Plus offers a density optimed, shared infrastructure with a flexible scale-out architecture to support a variety of workloads from remote site systems to large HPC clusters and everything in between. HPE iLO5 provides built-in firmware-level server security with silicon root of trust.It can be deployed cost-effectively starting with a single 2U, shared infrastructure chassis and configured with a variety of storage options to meet the configuration needs of a wide variety of scale-out workloads.
The Apollo 2000 Gen10 Plus System delivers up to four times the density of a traditional rack mount server with up to four ProLiant Gen10 Plus independentservers per 2U mounted in standard racks with rear-aisle serviceability access. A 42U rack fits up to 20 Apollo n2000 series chassis accommodating up to 80 servers per rack.
- New, dual NVMe M.2 boot controller riser option supporting RAID 1 with SSD performance. Perfect for use with the n2400 drive-less chassis as the OS boot support without using a PCIe slot.
- Enable the entire CPU SKU stack, increase your power density and increase datacenter efficiency with the new Direct Liquid Cooling (DLC) option for the Apollo 2000 Gen10 Plus System that comes ready to plug and play. Choose from either CPU only or CPU plus memory cooling options.
- The HPE Apollo n2400 Gen10 Plus Chassis is a drive-less chassis at an entry level price point that provides power and cooling efficiencies ideal for supporting high power processors with air.
- Support for 1800-2200W flex slot platinum power supply for more choice
- New flexible infrastructure offers multiple storage options, 8 memory channels and 3200 MT/s memory, PCIe Gen4 and support for processors over 200W for improved application performance
- Support for 2nd generation AMD EPYC 7002 Series processors including the 7F#2 CPUs in the HPE ProLiant XL225n Gen10 Plus server
- Expanded power capability and efficiency with 3000W power supplies that deliver N+N power availability
- Complete software portfolio for all customer workloads, for node to rack management, including comprehensive integrated cluster management software
- Secure from the start with firmware anchored into silicon with iLO5 and silicon root of trust for the highest level of system security
- Only HPE offers the industry standard server with firmware anchored into silicon with iLO5 and silicon root of trust. Tied into the silicon root of trust is the AMD Secure Processor, a dedicated security processor embedded in the AMD EPYC system on a chip (SoC).
System Performance and Optimization
The HPE Apollo 2000 Gen10 Plus System delivers 4x density than 1U servers - four 1U servers in a 2U chassis. This allows you to help maximize your data center footprint.
Expanded power capability with 3000W power supplies that deliver N+N power availability.
High-speed infrastructure built on the latest industry standard components provides high performance to accelerate application.
Unlock top bin SKUs and increase your power density with a DLC system that is plug and play at your data center. The system comes pre-filled and ready to connect to facility water. DLC is fully integrated, installed and supported by HPE. Choose from either CPU only or CPU/memory cooling options.
The optional dual M.2 storage can be used for OS boot without utilizing a PCIe slot or storage bay. When paired with the HPE Apollo n2400 Gen10 Plus diskless chassis, this is a great compute solution.
Comprehensive Server Security and Management
Only HPE offers the industry standard server with firmware anchored into silicon with HPE iLO 5 and Silicon Root of Trust. Tied into the Silicon Root of Trust from HPE is the AMD Secure Processor, a dedicated security processor embedded in the AMD EPYC system on a chip (SoC).
Secure recovery recovers firmware to last known good state if code is compromised to limit system disruption.
Firmware runtime validation provides a daily firmware check and alert of compromised code so that issues are contained, rather than impacting the system.
HPE Performance Cluster Manager is a fully integrated system management software offering administrators every functionality they need to manage their clusters.
Shared infrastructure enables more efficient system management.
Flexible Scale-out Building Block
The HPE Apollo 2000 Gen10 Plus System allows you to scale to many servers so that customers have future proof expansion capacity.
Provides storage and I/O flexibility to help optimize for performance or economy to get to the right compute for the right workload.
Multiple storage chassis options from 0 to 24 SFF SAS/SATA drives and support for NVMe drives.
Right Compute and Storage for Every Workload
The HPE ProLiant XL225n Gen10 Plus server is a 2P/1U half-width server tray built on the AMD EPYC 7002 processors. The tray supports up to 16 DIMMS per processor, multiple networking options including high-speed fabrics and two PCIe Gen4 slots. Up to four server trays are supported per chassis.
The n2400 chassis is a drive-less option that brings efficiency in power and cooling. It is ideal for supporting top bin processors for those applications which don't require storage. Each chassis supports 5 single rotor fans, has an integrated RCM2 option, and supports up to two power supplies.
The n2600 chassis offers multiple backplane options including 0 and 8 SFF SAS/SATA/NVMe good for a variety of HPC applications and 24 SFF SAS/SATA drives ideal for enterprise workloads. Each chassis supports 5 single rotor fans, has an integrated RCM option and supports up to two power supplies.
|HPE Apollo 2000 Gen10 Plus System Specifications|
|Drive Supported||Small Form Factor or Large Form Factor drives supported, depending on customer configuration|
|Supported Trays||HPE ProLiant XL225n Gen10 Plus 1U Node Configure-to-order Server|
|Supported Chassis||HPE Apollo n2400 Gen10 Plus configure-to-order chassis
HPE Apollo n2600 Gen10 Plus Small Form Factor configure-to-order chassis
|Memory||2 TB maximum, depending on configuration|
|Management Features||HPE iLO 5, HPE OneView, HPCM|
|Form Factor||2U chassis which supports up to four 1U server nodes|
HPE Apollo n2600 Gen10 Plus SFF CTO Chassis
Backplane selection determines number and type of drives supported
- SFF hot-plug drives
- Serial number/iLO information pull tab
- Health LED
- UID button LED
Chassis Rear Panel Components – 4 x 1U nodes
- Server 3 & 4
- HPE Apollo Platform Manager (APM) 2.0 port
- Power supply 1 & 2
- iLO Ports
- Server 1 & 2
- Optional Rack Consolidation Module (RCM)
HPE ProLiant XL225n Gen10 Plus Server Rear Panel Components
- Slot 1 & 2 PCIe4 x16 (16,8,4,2,1)
- USB 3.2Gen 1 Type-A port
- NIC/shared iLO network port
- SUV port
- OCP 3.0 NIC adapter slot
- Server Serial number information pull tab
Notes: If ordering Apollo 2000 Gen10 Plus system with Direct Liquid Cooling, slot 1 is not available for use with PCIe cards
HPE ProLiant XL225n Gen10 Plus Server
- System battery
- Secondary PCIe4 x16 riser connector 5 (P2)
- Secondary PCIe4 x8 (P1), x16 (P2) riser connector 4
- SATA 6GB/s port
- Secondary riser connector 3
- Secondary PCIe4 ×16 riser connector 2 (P1)
- OCP NIC 3.0 slot (P1)
- Node power button cable connector
- TPM connector
- Primary PCIe4 ×16 riser connector 1 (P1)
- DIMM slots for processor 1
- DIMM slots for processor 2
- Power riser connector
- System maintenance switch
- Mezzanine card connector
Access expertise at every step of your IT journey with HPE Pointnext Services. Advisory Services focuses on your business outcomes and goals, to design your transformation and build a roadmap tuned to your unique challenges. Our Professional and Operational Services help speed up time-to-production and keep your IT stable and reliable.
- HPE Datacenter Care helps modernize and simplify IT operations. Partner with an assigned account team, access technical expertise, an enhanced call experience gives you priority access, choose hardware and software support, implement proactive monitoring to help stay ahead of issues, and access HPE IT best practices and IP.
- HPE Proactive Care offers an enhanced call experience and helps reduce problems with personalized proactive reports and advice. This also includes collaborative software support for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), (Red Hat, VMWare, Microsoft, etc.).
- HPE Foundation Care helps when there is a problem and has a choice of response levels. Collaborative software support is included and provides troubleshooting help for ISVs running on your server.
Other Related Services
Defective Media Retention is optional and applies only to Disk or eligible SSD/Flash Drives replaced by HPE due to malfunction.
HPE Service Credits offers a menu of technical services, access additional resources, and specialist skills.
HPE Education Services delivers a comprehensive range of services to support your people as they expand their skills required for a digital transformation.
Consult your HPE Sales Representative or Authorized Channel Partner of choice for any additional questions and support options.
Download the HPE Apollo 2000 Gen10 Plus System Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.