HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy
Synergy Virtual Connects
Wouldn’t you like to consolidate legacy hierarchical architectures based on north/south design with oversubscription bottlenecks into a flat, east/west architecture to increase data throughput and reduce latency with only a single hop within large domains of virtual machines or Synergy Compute Modules?
The HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for HPE Synergy, master module, based on composable fabric is designed for Composable Infrastructure. Its disaggregated, rack-scale design uses a master/satellite architecture to consolidate data center network connections, reduce hardware and scale network bandwidth across multiple HPE Synergy Frames.
The master module contains intelligent networking capabilities that extends connectivity to satellite frames through Interconnect Link Modules. This decreases top of rack switch needs and substantially reduces costs. The components reduction simplifies fabric management at scale while consuming fewer ports at the data center aggregation layer.
- 6xQSFP+ external uplink ports configurable as 1x40Gb or 4x10Gb Ethernet or 4x8Gb FC connected to external LAN/SAN switches
- 12 x 20Gb or 12x10Gb Ethernet downlinks to compute module Converged Network Adapters
- Each FlexHBA can be configured to transport either Fiber Channel over Ethernet/CEE or Accelerated iSCSI protocol.
- Each FlexNIC and FlexHBA is recognized by the compute module as a PCIe physical function device with adjustable speeds from 200Mb to 20Gb in 100Mb increments when connected to a 2-port Converged Network Adapter or any Flex10/20 NIC and from 1Gb to 20Gb in 200Mb increments when connected to a Dual-Port 10/20Gb Converged Network Adapter
- Extended list of direct attach copper cable connections supported
- Low latency (1.0 µs Ethernet ports) throughput provides switch-like performance.
- Line-rate, full-duplex 2.56 Tbps bridging fabric
- MTU up to 9216 Bytes - Jumbo Frames
- Supports up to 98K L2 MAC entries
- VLAN Tagging, Pass-Thru and Link Aggregation supported on all uplinks
- Integrated composer based HPE OneView included with every frame, providing out-of-the-box for individual Virtual Connect configuration and management
- Pre-configure compute modules I/O configurations prior to their installation for easy deployment
- Move, add, or change compute module network connections on the fly without impacting LAN and SAN administrator
- Monitoring and management via industry standard SNMP v.1, v.2 and v..3
- Provisioned storage resource is associated directly to a specific virtual machine - even if the virtual server is re-allocated within a frame
- Compute module-side NPIV removes storage management constraint of a single physical HBA on a compute module does not add to SAN switch domains or require traditional SAN management
- Licensing support for native Fibre Channel through Composer powered by OneView
- Optional HPE 10Gb SFP+ SR, LR, and LRM modules and 10Gb SFP+ Copper cables
- Optional HPE 40Gb QSFP+SR, SR 300M and LR modules, 40Gb SFP+ DAC and AOC cables, 40Gb DAC splitter cables and QSFP+ to SFP+ adapter
- Supports Converged Network adapters for HPE Synergy Compute Nodes(Supported functionality defined by each adapter)
Improve Fabric Efficiency, Reliability and Manageability with HPE Composable Infrastructure
The HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy consolidates data center network connections, and reduces hardware and scale network bandwidth across multiple frames with the HPE Synergy innovative disaggregated, rack-scale design.
Efficiently extend flexible pools of network resources from each HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy to scale bandwidth across multiple frames.
Improve network reliability with resilient fabric connectivity to upstream switches using Hewlett Packard Enterprise Synergy Multi-module LAG (MLAG) technology.
Enjoy simple, reliable and fast provisioning Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Modules using the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Synergy software-defined intelligence with template-driven programming
Orchestrate frictionless Virtual Connect SE firmware updates in concert with an entire Synergy infrastructure using one-tool, one-step template-based operations from HPE Synergy Composer.
Based on Industry's Proven Virtual Connect Technology
The HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy provides one flexible interconnect interface to the network. One device supports common data center networks protocols like, Ethernet, Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI.
Fine-tune the performance of each data and storage connection to meet the needs of each of your virtual machines and targeted workloads.
Optimize the hypervisor I/O requirements with Flex-10 and Flex-20 adapters. With two modules you can provide six FlexNICs and two FlexHBAs connections to each Synergy Compute Modules, delivering a best practice network configuration for most hypervisors.
Connect to Synergy Compute Modules using full hardware offload of iSCSI and FCoE protocol processing and minimizing the impact on host CPU performance to increase storage connection performance.
Perform ultra-fast communication between virtual server hosts during migrations and recoveries with hardware based 10/20GbE performance.
Upgrade Your Network with Investment Protection and No Process Changes
The HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy is compatible with current networks. Providing seamless connection to existing industry standard data and storage networks avoids replacing each piece of equipment.
One HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module meets data and storage connection needs with multi-protocol support for Ethernet, Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Accelerated iSCSI connections.
Maintain current IT processes with direct uplink connections to LANs and SANs to maintain your current IT practices, unlike other solutions that reroute SAN traffic to the LAN.
The HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module is designed for Composable Infrastructure. Its disaggregated, rack-scale design uses a master/satellite architecture to consolidate data center network connections, reduce hardware and scales network bandwidth across multiple HPE Synergy Frames.
The master module contains intelligent networking capabilities that extend connectivity to satellite frames through Interconnect Link Modules. This eliminates top of rack switch need and substantially reduces cost. The reduction in components also simplifies fabric management at scale while consuming fewer ports at the data center aggregation layer.
The HPE VC SE 40Gb F8 modules eliminate up to 95% of network sprawl at the compute module edge with one device that converges traffic inside frames and directly connects to external LANs. Each redundant pair of Virtual Connect modules provide 4 adjustable downlinks connections (three Ethernet and one Fibre Channel) on each compute module. A Fibre Channel Upgrade license needs to be purchased separately to enable the Fibre channel functionality. Up to six uplinks using QSFP+ interfaces are available for connection to upstream Ethernet switches. Up to 24 uplinks are available for connection to upstream Ethernet and Fibre Channel are available with splitter cables. The HPE VC SE 40Gb F8 Modules reduce the number of components required compared to traditional and other converged network solutions by eliminating the need for separate Ethernet and Fibre Channel switches and cables. Also, Virtual Connect wire-once connection management is built-in enabling compute modules adds, moves and replacement in minutes instead of days or weeks. The Master/Satellite disaggregated architecture removes fixed of ratios of interconnects in every frame and allows extending networking resources pool for Virtual Connect to satellite frames.
HPE Virtual Connect SE 40GB F8 Module for HPE Synergy Bezel
- For future use
- Interconnect link ports
- ICM Cluster ports
- 40Gb QSFP+ uplink ports
- Interconnect link ports
Access expertise at every step of your IT journey with HPE Pointnext Services. Advisory Services focuses on your business outcomes and goals, to design your transformation and build a roadmap tuned to your unique challenges. Our Professional and Operational Services help speed up time-to-production and keep your IT stable and reliable.
- HPE Datacenter Care helps modernize and simplify IT operations. Partner with an assigned account team, access technical expertise, an enhanced call experience gives you priority access, choose hardware and software support, implement proactive monitoring to help stay ahead of issues, and access HPE IT best practices and IP.
- HPE Flexible Capacity offers an enhanced call experience and helps reduce problems with personalized proactive reports and advice. This also includes collaborative software support for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), (Red Hat, VMWare, Microsoft, etc.).
- HPE Foundation Care helps when there is a problem and has a choice of response levels. Collaborative software support is included and provides troubleshooting help for ISVs running on your server.
Other Related Services
Defective Media Retention
Defective Media Retention is optional and applies only to Disk or eligible SSD/Flash Drives replaced by HPE due to malfunction.
HPE Service Credits
HPE Service Credits offers a menu of technical services, access additional resources, and specialist skills.
HPE Education Services
HPE Education Services delivers a comprehensive range of services to support your people as they expand their skills required for a digital transformation.
Consult your HPE Sales Representative or Authorized Channel Partner of choice for any additional questions and support options.
Download the HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.