HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Module for Synergy
Synergy Virtual Connects
Call For Lowest Price!
Wouldn’t you like to consolidate legacy hierarchical architectures based on north/south design with oversubscription bottlenecks into a flat, east/west architecture to increase data throughput and reduce latency with only a single hop within large domains of virtual machines or Synergy Compute Modules?
The HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb Module for Synergy provides the latest performance for your demanding workloads including 25/50 Gb downlink speeds, 100 Gb uplinks, and 16/32 Gb converged Fiber Channel. Its dis-aggregated, rack-scale design uses a master/satellite architecture to consolidate data center network connections, reduce hardware and scale network bandwidth across multiple HPE Synergy Frames.
The master module contains intelligent networking capabilities that extends connectivity to satellite frames through Interconnect Link Modules. This decreases top of rack switch needs and substantially reduces costs.
- 6xQSFP28 external uplink ports configurable as 1x100Gb or 4x25Gb or 1x40Gb or 4x10Gb or 1x25Gb or 1x10Gb Ethernet or 1x32Gb FC or 1x16Gb or 1x8Gb FC connected to external LAN/SAN switches
- 12 x 25Gb or 12x50Gb Ethernet downlinks (traversing the midplane) to compute module Converged Network Adapters
- The FlexHBA can be configured to transport either Fiber Channel over Ethernet/CEE or Accelerated iSCSI protocol.
- Each FlexNIC and FlexHBA is recognized by the compute module as a PCIe physical function device with adjustable speeds from 250Mb to 25Gb in 250Mb increments when connected to a 2-port 25GbE Converged Network Adapter and from 500Mb to 50Gb in 500Mb increments when connected to a Dual-Port 50Gb Converged Network Adapter
- Extended list of direct attach copper cable connections supported
- Low latency (1.0 µs Ethernet ports) throughput provides switch-like performance.
- Line-rate, full-duplex 6.4 Tbps bridging fabric
- MTU up to 9216 Bytes - Jumbo Frames
- Supports up to 48K L2 MAC entries
- VLAN Tagging, Pass-Thru and Link Aggregation supported on all uplinks
- Integrated composer based HPE OneView included with every frame, providing out-of-the-box for individual Virtual Connect configuration and management
- Pre-configure compute modules I/O configurations prior to their installation for easy deployment
- Move, add, or change compute module network connections on the fly without impacting LAN and SAN administrator
- Monitoring via SNMPv1 & SNMPv2 and management via industry standard SNMPv3
- Provisioned storage resource is associated directly to a specific virtual machine - even if the virtual server is re-allocated within a frame
- Compute module-side NPIV removes storage management constraint of a single physical HBA on a compute module does not add to SAN switch domains or require traditional SAN management
- Licensing support for native Fibre Channel through Composer powered by OneView
- Optional HPE 10Gb SFP+ SR, LR, and LRM modules and 10Gb SFP+ Copper cables
- Optional HPE 40Gb QSFP+ SR, LR, and LRM modules and 10Gb SFP+ Copper cables
- Optional HPE 40Gb QSFP+ SR, SR 300M and LR modules, 40Gb QSFP+ DAC and AOC cables, 40Gb DAC splitter cables and QSFP+ to SFP+ adapter
- Optional HPE 100Gb QSFP28 SR and LR modules, 100Gb QSFP28 DAC and AOC cables, 100Gb DAC splitter cables and QSFP28 to QSFP+ adapter
- Supports Converged Network Adapters (CNAs) for HPE Synergy Compute Modules
Enhance Uplink Costs with the Latest Fabric Bandwidths
The HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 switch module provides 25/50/100 Gb performance with the cost benefits of HPE Synergy's master/satellite networking architecture. Converge your uplinks from the Synergy frame and save money on upstream ports.
Improve Fabric Efficiency, Reliability and Manageability with HPE Composable Infrastructure
The HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Module for Synergy consolidates data center network connections, and reduces hardware and scale network bandwidth across multiple frames with the HPE Synergy innovative disaggregated, rack-scale design.
Enjoy simple, reliable and fast provisioning HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Modules using the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Synergy software-defined intelligence with template-driven programming.
Orchestrate frictionless HPE Virtual Connect SE firmware updates in concert with an entire Synergy infrastructure using one-tool, one-step template-based operations from HPE Synergy Composer.
Based on Industry's Proven Virtual Connect Technology
The HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Module for Synergy provides one flexible interconnect interface to the network. One device supports common data center networks protocols such as: Ethernet, Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI.
Fine-tune the performance of each data and storage connection to meet the needs of each of your virtual machines and targeted workloads.
Connect to HPE Synergy Compute Modules using full hardware offload of iSCSI and FCoE protocol processing and minimizing the impact on host CPU performance to increase storage connection performance.
Perform ultra-fast communication between virtual server hosts during migrations and recoveries with hardware based 25/50 GbE performance.
The HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Module for Synergy is a fundamental building block of Composable Infrastructure. Its disaggregated, rack-scale design uses a master/satellite architecture to consolidate data center network connections, reduces hardware and scales network bandwidth across multiple HPE Synergy Frames.
This HPE VC SE 100Gb F32 Module is the master and the HPE Synergy 50Gb Interconnect Link Module is the satellite. The master module contains intelligent networking capabilities that extend connectivity to additional frames through satellite modules. This eliminates the need for top of rack switches and substantially reduces cost. This reduction in switching equipment also simplifies the management of the fabric at scale while consuming fewer ports at the data center aggregation layer.
The HPE VC SE 100Gb F32 Modules eliminate up to 95% of network sprawl at the compute module edge with one device that converges traffic inside frames and directly connects to external LANs. Using the midplane of the Synergy Frame, each HPE VC SE 100Gb F32 Module provides 2 downlink connections (or lanes) connecting up to 12 compute modules that are housed in the 12 vertical device bays on the front side of each Synergy frame. Each downlink can be configured as Ethernet or Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE). A Fibre Channel upgrade license needs to be purchased separately to enable the Fibre Channel uplink functionality. Up to 6 QSFP28 ports provided on each module for uplinks. Each port provides 100Gbps Ethernet bandwidth. Additionally, each of the 6 QSFP28 uplink ports can be configured as 4x25Gbps Ethernet or 4x32Gbps Fibre Channel for connection to upstream Ethernet and Fibre Channel switches using splitter cables. Since the maximum bandwidth of any QSFP28 port is 100Gbps, when 4x32Gbps Fibre Channel connections are used, each of the Fibre Channel connections signals for 32Gbps speed and setup but is limited to only 25Gbps bandwidth for that connection. If a full 32Gbps bandwidth is desired for any QSFP28 port, then an HPE QSFP28/SFP28 adapter with a 32Gbps FC transceiver will populate the QSFP28 port. The HPE VC SE 100Gb F32 Modules reduce the number of components required compared to traditional and other converged network solutions by eliminating the need for separate Ethernet and Fibre Channel switches and cables. Also, Virtual Connect wire-once connection management is built-in enabling the tasks of adds, moves and replacements of compute modules in minutes instead of days or weeks. The Master/Satellite disaggregated architecture removes fixed of ratios of interconnects in every frame and allows extending networking resources pool for Virtual Connect to satellite frames.
HPE Synergy Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Module
- CXP28 ports - L1, L2, L3, & L4 used for Interconnect Link Ports
- QSFP28 ports - Q5 & Q6 used for uplink ports - Q7 & Q8 used for stacking ports
- USB 3.0 port (unused)
- Mode button
- Micro-USB port for serial access
- LED status display
- SFP+ ports - X1 & X2 used for Image Streamer ports
- QSFP28 ports - Q1, Q2, Q3 & Q4 used for uplink ports
- Insertion & Extraction lever
Access expertise at every step of your IT journey with HPE Pointnext Services. Advisory Services focuses on your business outcomes and goals, to design your transformation and build a roadmap tuned to your unique challenges. Our Professional and Operational Services help speed up time-to-production and keep your IT stable and reliable.
- HPE Datacenter Care helps modernize and simplify IT operations. Partner with an assigned account team, access technical expertise, an enhanced call experience gives you priority access, choose hardware and software support, implement proactive monitoring to help stay ahead of issues, and access HPE IT best practices and IP.
- HPE Flexible Capacity offers an enhanced call experience and helps reduce problems with personalized proactive reports and advice. This also includes collaborative software support for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), (Red Hat, VMWare, Microsoft, etc.).
- HPE Foundation Care helps when there is a problem and has a choice of response levels. Collaborative software support is included and provides troubleshooting help for ISVs running on your server.
Other Related Services
Defective Media Retention
Defective Media Retention is optional and applies only to Disk or eligible SSD/Flash Drives replaced by HPE due to malfunction.
HPE Service Credits
HPE Service Credits offers a menu of technical services, access additional resources, and specialist skills.
HPE Education Services
HPE Education Services delivers a comprehensive range of services to support your people as they expand their skills required for a digital transformation.
Consult your HPE Sales Representative or Authorized Channel Partner of choice for any additional questions and support options.
Download the HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Module for Synergy Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Call For Lowest Price!