HPE Synergy 50Gb Interconnect Link Module
Synergy Interconnect Link Modules
Wouldn’t you like to consolidate legacy hierarchical architectures based 20Gb architecture or do you need to increase data throughput and reduce latency with only a single hop within large domains of virtual machines or compute modules?
The HPE Synergy 50Gb Interconnect Link Module part of the HPE Synergy composable fabric extends satellite frame connectivity back to the master frame. Based on disaggregated, rack-scale design, it uses a master/satellite architecture to consolidate data center network connections, reduce hardware and scale network bandwidth across multiple HPE Synergy Frames.
The master module contains intelligent networking capabilities that extend connectivity to frames equipped with satellite modules. This reduces top of rack switch need and substantially decreases costs. The reduction in components simplifies fabric management at scale while consuming fewer ports at the data center aggregation layer.
- Expand bandwidth from your HPE Synergy VC SE 100Gb F32 module to up to five frames
- Use a single Interconnect Link Module for either 25 Gb or 50 Gb speeds
- 12 x 25Gb or 12 x 50Gb (2 lanes of 25Gb) Ethernet downlinks (traversing the midplane) to compute module Converged Network Adapters
- The FlexHBA can be configured to transport either Fiber Channel over Ethernet/CEE or Accelerated iSCSI protocol.
- Each FlexNIC and FlexHBA is recognized by the compute module as a PCIe physical function device with adjustable speeds from 250Mb to 25Gb in 250Mb increments when connected to a 2-port Converged Network Adapter or any Flex-25/50 NIC and from 500Mb to 50Gb in 500Mb increments when connected to a Dual-Port 25/50Gb Converged Network Adapter
- Integrated Synergy composer with composer based HPE OneView included with every frame, providing out-of-the-box management of Interconnect Link Modules.
- Pre-configure server I/O configurations prior to server installation for easy deployment
- Move, add, or change server network connections on the fly without impacting LAN and SAN administrator
- Provisioned storage resource is associated directly to a specific virtual machine - even if the virtual server is re-allocated within a frame
- Compute module-side NPIV removes storage management constraint of a single physical HBA on a compute module does not add to SAN switch domains or require traditional SAN management
- Licensing support for native Fibre Channel through Composer powered by OneView
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.