HPE Synergy 20Gb Interconnect Link Module
Synergy Interconnect Link Modules
Our Price: $3,740.00
Wouldn’t you like to consolidate legacy hierarchical architectures based 20Gb architecture or do you need to increase data throughput and reduce latency with only a single hop within large domains of virtual machines or compute modules?
The HPE Synergy 20Gb Interconnect Link Module part of the HPE Synergy composable fabric extends satellite frame connectivity back to the master frame. Based on disaggregated, rack-scale design, it uses a master/satellite architecture to consolidate data center network connections, reduce hardware and scale network bandwidth across multiple HPE Synergy Frames.
The master module contains intelligent networking capabilities that extend connectivity to frames equipped with satellite modules. This reduces top of rack switch need and substantially decreases costs. The reduction in components simplifies fabric management at scale while consuming fewer ports at the data center aggregation layer.
- 12 x 20Gb Ethernet downlinks to compute module mezzanine adapters
- Each 20Gb downlink supports up to 3 FlexNICs and 1 FlexHBA or 4 FlexNICs
- Each FlexHBA can be configured to transport either Fiber Channel over Ethernet/CEE or Accelerated iSCSI protocol.
- Each FlexNIC and FlexHBA is recognized by the server as a PCIe physical function device with adjustable speeds from 200Mb to 20Gb in 100Mb increments when connected to a 2-port FlexFabric Converged Network Adapter and from 1Gb to 20Gb in 200Mb increments when connected to Dual-Port 10/20Gb Converged Network Adapter
- Integrated Synergy composer with composer based HPE OneView included with every frame, providing out-of-the-box management of Interconnect Link Modules.
- Pre-configure server I/O configurations prior to server installation for easy deployment
- Move, add, or change server network connections on the fly without impacting LAN and SAN administrator
- Provisioned storage resource is associated directly to a specific virtual machine - even if the virtual server is re-allocated within stacking domain comprising of Master and Satellite modules
- Centralized configuration of boot from Fibre Channel network storage via composer based HPE OneView
Reduces the Need for Fixed Ratios of Interconnects and Substantially Reduces Cost and Complexity
The HPE Synergy 20Gb Interconnect Link Module part of the HPE Synergy composable fabric extends satellite frame connectivity back to the master frame. This connectivity is through zero latency cables and replaces fixed ratio of interconnects with flexible ratio of networking pool of resources.
Satellite frames inherit all the benefits of master module. Up to four additional satellite frames can be connected to the master module with one Synergy 20Gb Interconnect Link Module.
Firmware upgrades on the master module won't affect the Synergy Interconnect Link Modules making software upgrades on the master module less impactful to satellite modules.
Adding a satellite frame doesn't increase east/west traffic hop count between Synergy Compute Modules connected to same master module. Up to 36 Synergy Compute Modules with one-hop can be supported with master module.
Adding frames with Synergy 20Gb Interconnect Link Modules doesn't consume ports on the aggregation switch.
Flexible with Different Edge Network Architecture
The HPE Synergy 20Gb Interconnect Link Module fits into different architecture based on edge interconnect needs.
Supports both the HPE Virtual Connect SE 40Gb F8 Module for Synergy and the HPE Synergy 40Gb F8 Switch Module for increased flexibility.
The HPE Synergy 20Gb Interconnect Link Module, satellite module, is designed for Composable Infrastructure. Based on disaggregated, rack-scale design, it uses a master/satellite architecture to consolidate data center network connections, reduce hardware and scale network bandwidth across multiple HPE Synergy Frames. This module extends HPE composable fabric up to two additional satellite frames with 20Gb connectivity to Synergy Compute Modules and replaces fixed ratio of interconnects in each frame by extending the fluid pool of network resources.
The master module contains intelligent networking capabilities that extend connectivity to frames equipped with satellite modules. This reduces the need for top of rack switches and substantially decreases cost. The reduction in components simplifies fabric management at scale while consuming fewer ports at the data center aggregation layer.
HPE Synergy 20G Interconnect Link Module Bezel
- UID LED
- Health LED
- Interconnect Link Port
Access expertise at every step of your IT journey with HPE Pointnext Services. Advisory Services focuses on your business outcomes and goals, to design your transformation and build a roadmap tuned to your unique challenges. Our Professional and Operational Services help speed up time-to-production and keep your IT stable and reliable.
- HPE Datacenter Care helps modernize and simplify IT operations. Partner with an assigned account team, access technical expertise, an enhanced call experience gives you priority access, choose hardware and software support, implement proactive monitoring to help stay ahead of issues, and access HPE IT best practices and IP.
- HPE Flexible Capacity offers an enhanced call experience and helps reduce problems with personalized proactive reports and advice. This also includes collaborative software support for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), (Red Hat, VMWare, Microsoft, etc.).
- HPE Foundation Care helps when there is a problem and has a choice of response levels. Collaborative software support is included and provides troubleshooting help for ISVs running on your server.
Other Related Services
Defective Media Retention
Defective Media Retention is optional and applies only to Disk or eligible SSD/Flash Drives replaced by HPE due to malfunction.
HPE Service Credits
HPE Service Credits offers a menu of technical services, access additional resources, and specialist skills.
HPE Education Services
HPE Education Services delivers a comprehensive range of services to support your people as they expand their skills required for a digital transformation.
Consult your HPE Sales Representative or Authorized Channel Partner of choice for any additional questions and support options.
Download the HPE Synergy 20Gb Interconnect Link Module Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $3,740.00