HPE NonStop X NS3
Redefining entry-class continuous availability for x86
Entry-level system for smaller-enterprise businesses and emerging markets as well as distributed computing and test/development environments. It brings always-on availability to small and mid-size businesses on x86 architectures.
Engineered for the highest availability level
For businesses that never stop
HPE NonStop is designed specifically for the very highest availability level. The industry analyst firm, IDC defines the highest availability as Availability Level 41 (AL4), where business processes continue as before. That means no interruption of work and no degradation in performance. With HPE NonStop X family, HPE has extended the 100 percent fault-tolerant HPE NonStop platform to include the x86 architecture, so that customers can leverage a proven solution for always-on business that delivers timeless value regardless of the underlying architecture.
Architectural choice without compromise
HPE NonStop systems provide a deployment choice on either the x86 architecture (Intel Xeon processors) for the HPE NonStop X systems or the Intel Itanium architecture for the HPE Integrity NonStop i systems. Mission-critical customers like you can continue to rely upon HPE NonStop systems, deployed on either architecture, to deliver a resilient business foundation without compromise. HPE has extended the mission-critical NonStop solution to include a virtualized solution that can be deployed in a private cloud environment. This HPE Virtualized NonStop is managed through VMware based solutions and can be deployed on many industry standard x86 based servers.
This software-based solution increases your choice of NonStop systems from the fully integrated and tested NonStop converged systems to VMware based virtualized IT platform-as-a-service depending on what best suits your specific needs. Whatever your NonStop deployment choices are, you will benefit from the HPE NonStop fundamentals of availability, scalability, security, and data integrity for your mission-critical workloads.
When downtime is not an option
The HPE NonStop X NS3 system, running on the HPE NonStop Operating System L-series, is an entry-class systems. It shares the same unique NonStop platform attributes, such as low total cost of ownership (TCO), real-time database, integrated stack, end-to-end security, and massive scalability, while delivering the same high level of availability and data integrity as the high-end HPE NonStop X NS7 system.
Innovation to match growing business demand
As your business needs evolve and user demands grow, the NS3 system will support your complex application requirements. The NS3 with InfiniBand delivers more than a 25 times increase in system interconnect capacity2 for responding to business growth, and upgradable core software licensing for enhanced flexibility to handle intensive transaction volumes. The NS3 is well-suited for smaller-enterprise businesses and emerging markets as well as distributed computing and test/development environments.
Next-generation technology at affordable price points
HPE NonStop X NS3 delivers:
- Up to one-third more memory capacity for improved application performance
- Industry-standard InfiniBand as the system interconnect for increased system capacity and lower latencies
- Fully-integrated solution stack and proven NonStop fundamentals for industry-leading fault tolerance
- Factory-integrated, fully-tested and verified hardware and software solution for out-of-the-box efficiency
Existing NonStop applications running on NonStop X
HPE NonStop X NS3 delivers:
- Most existing non-native TNS (Tandem NonStop CISC) applications will run on the NonStop X architecture without change.
- Non-native applications can be accelerated to take advantage of the new system’s performance using the new NonStop X accelerator.
- Native Intel Itanium applications can take advantage of the new NonStop X compilers and with a simple recompilation, run on the new platform.
- Native applications require few, if any source code changes in order to run on the NonStop X architecture.
- In summary, NonStop X is a high-performance environment that fits comfortably into your existing data center, is ready for your mission-critical applications, and is 100 percent NonStop.
HPE NonStop X - The Platform For Your Continuous Business
With the HPE NonStop X NS3 system, HPE continues to deliver world-class systems using a collaborative approach to design and build an agile infrastructure. When you add up the scorecard, you will realize the NS3 is offered at a price point that is favorable to those who may be considering open source alternatives. HPE partners with the best-of-breed independent software vendors (ISVs) for mission-critical solutions in many vertical industries—and delivers a complete portfolio of enterprise solutions from leading HPE partners, extending our joint capability and ultimately enhancing your value.
In a world that never stops, you must be there, continuously—because your customers won’t wait. HPE NonStop is your product family for continuous business.
1 IDC Worldwide AL4 Server Market Shares, 2019: Fault-Tolerant Systems Become Digital Transformation Platforms; July 2020, IDC #US46640020
2 Comparison of HPE Integrity NonStop i ServerNet bandwidth with HPE NonStop X 4X FDR InfiniBand bandwidth, HPE internal testing, February 2020
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.