HPE Nimble Storage dHCI
Storage Solutions for Data Management
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
HPE Nimble Storage dHCI radically simplifies infrastructure for every application by reimagining HCI without limitations. Built for business-critical apps and mixed workloads, HPE Nimble Storage dHCI enables IT agility while ensuring apps are always-on and always-fast. VM-centric and AI-driven operations make it effortless, while 99.9999% guaranteed data availability and consistent sub-millisecond latency mean it's ideal for the most demanding apps and workloads. It lowers costs with flexible, independent scaling of compute and storage and industryleading data efficiency. Finally, HPE Nimble Storage dHCI maximizes agility by unlocking the cloud experience across hybrid cloud. We call it HCI 2.0 as it’s HCI without limitations.
- HPE Nimble Storage dHCI is now available through HPE GreenLake, delivering VMs and VDI as-a-service, accelerating time to value, and simplifying IT management.
- HPE Nimble Storage dHCI has added support for HPE ProLiant DL325, DL385, DL560, and DL580 servers, and increased the scale of servers supported from 20 to 32 nodes.
- Customers with existing HPE ProLiant servers can extend the asset life and turn the systems into to HPE Nimble Storage dHCI gaining automation and unified management for virtual machines.
- HPE Nimble Storage dHCI has simplified lifecycle management with one-click, unified software upgrades for server firmware, hypervisor and storage software.
- New and improved ordering and fulfillment to deliver solutions faster to customers.
HPE Nimble Storage dHCI
HPE Nimble Storage dHCI an intelligent platform with the flexibility of converged and the simplicity of HCI. It disaggregates compute and storage and integrates hyperconverged control to give enterprises simple infrastructure management on a flexible architecture. Built with the world’s best-selling server, HPE ProLiant, and the self-managing.
Flash storage of HPE Nimble Storage, this platform provides the flexibility to scale compute and storage independently for unpredictable growth and the data resiliency and performance needed for business-critical apps. Powered by HPE InfoSight, this platform is intelligently simple, absolutely resilient, and efficiently scalable.
Intelligently simple with native, full-stack intelligence from storage to VMs and policy-based automation for virtualized environments. Features include a fast, self-service experience include hyperconverged control with simple setup and auto-discovery for the entire cluster via VMware vCenter. All data services integrated with VMware vSphere and VMware Virtual Volumes for a native VM experience. Also included are what-if simulations that eliminate guesswork when consolidating new applications, as well as app-aware recommendations for self-optimizing performance and resources.
Absolutely resilient and ready for demanding apps on a platform designed for 99.9999% availability (HPE Nimble Storage) and sub-ms of low-latency at consistent, high performance. Features include data-centric visibility extends across the infrastructure and across every VM. Performance bottlenecks are diagnosed with root cause from storage to VMs identified easily. Advanced data services, like QoS and synchronous replication, ensure applications stay on and are always fast.
Efficiently scalable to eliminate overprovisioning and lower TCO compared to competitive platforms. Features include the ability to independently scale compute and storage non-disruptively with industry-leading data efficiency guaranteed.
- With HPE Nimble Storage dHCI, enterprises can run faster with rack-to-apps in less than 15 minutes, end the fire-fighting with predictive analytics delivering 99.9999% data availability by HPE Nimble Storage, and optimize everything with higher productivity and maximum resource efficiency.
At a Glance
Hyperconverged infrastructure has revolutionized IT, delivering an experience that radically simplifies how infrastructure is managed, deployed, and scaled. It’s an architecture ideal for workloads with predictable growth as compute and storage scale together.
HPE Nimble Storage dHCI extends the hyperconverged experience to workloads with unpredictable growth, allowing independent scaling of compute and storage. This gives enterprises the flexibility of converged and the simplicity of HCI – accelerating time-to-market on an architecture built for the unpredictable.
- Hyperconverged control collapses storage and compute silos and all data services can be managed exclusively in VMware vCenter.
- Resilient design center for 99.9999% availability (with Nimble Storage) with no single point of failure and advanced data integrity to tolerate three simultaneous dive failures
- Low-latency performance as low as 200 microseconds data response with automatic QoS to ensure fast performance for every app Industry-leading data efficiency with advanced data reduction and a modern OS providing up to 21x data reduction
dHCI Automation Software features
Free yourself to focus on apps, not infrastructure. Hyperconverged control and HPE InfoSight make it simple for any VM admin to deploy, manage, scale, and support this platform. Self-install in less than 15 minutes, manage exclusively in VMware vCenter, and upgrade transparently to your apps.1
Keep apps running nonstop and fast with a resilient design center and predictive analytics. Sub-millisecond latency and high IOPS for performance-intensive apps and consolidation. 99.9999% availability with automated QOS, advanced data integrity, and data protection that extends to the cloud.3
Eliminate over provisioning and add only the resources needed with the flexibility to independently grow compute and storage, non-disruptively. Store more data per raw terabyte over competitive platforms with industry-leading data efficiency backed by the HPE Store More Guarantee.2
1 HPE Nimble Storage dHCI—Disaggregated Hyperconverged Infrastructure for Business, ESG Technical Validation, June 2019 https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=a00075391enw
2 Efficiency at any scale through HPE Store More Guarantee for HPE Nimble Storage https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/a00039975enw.pdf
3 Based on installed-base data of HPE Nimble Storage
|BTO Server SKU type||DL360 Gen 10 Small||DL360 Gen 10 Medium||DL380 Gen 10 Large||DL325 Gen 10 Plus AMD|
|Model name||HPE NS dHCI Small Soln w/HPE Proliant DL360 Gen10 Server||HPE NS dHCI Medium Soln w/HPE Proliant DL360 Gen10 Server||HPE NS dHCI Large Soln w/HPE Proliant DL380 Gen10 Server||HPE NS dHCI Medium Soln w/HPE Proliant DL325 Gen10+ Server|
|Processor||Intel Xeon-Silver 4214R (2.4GHz/12-core/100W)||Intel Xeon-Gold 5218R (2.1GHz/20-core/125W)||Intel Xeon-Gold 5220R (2.2GHz/24-core/150W)||AMD EPYC 7352 (2.3GHz/24-core/155W)|
|Number of Processors||2||2||2||2|
|Memory||32GB (12x32GB) Dual Rank x4 DDR4-2933
|32GB (16x32GB) Dual Rank x4 DDR4-2933
|64GB (12x64GB) Quad Rank x4 DDR4-2933
|64GB (8x64GB) Dual Rank x4 DDR4-3200
|Network Controller - 1||HPE Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port SFP28 MCX4121A-ACUT Adapter||HPE Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port SFP28 MCX4121A-ACUT Adapter||HPE Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port SFP28 MCX4121A-ACUT Adapter||Mellanox MCX562A-ACAI Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port SFP28 OCP3 Adapter for HPE|
|Network Controller - 2||HPE Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port FLR-SFP28 MCX4121A-ACFT Adapter||HPE Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port FLR-SFP28 MCX4121A-ACFT Adapter||HPE Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port FLR-SFP28 MCX4121A-ACFT Adapter||Mellanox MCX512F-ACHT Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port SFP28 Adapter for HPE|
|Power Supply||2 x 800W||2 x 800W||2 x 800W||2 x 800W|
|Form Factor||1U Rack||1U Rack||2U Rack||1U Rack|
- dHCI Automation Software: HPE Nimble Storage dHCI software stack (no additional fee)
- dHCI setup software (runs natively on the Nimble array)
- vCenter plugin [HPE Nimble Storage dHCI requires vCenter "Standard" (or) "Essential" license]
- HPE Infosight for dHCI
- Storage: 1 HPE Nimble AF (or) HF platforms (Gen 5)
- HPE Infosight maybe used with HPE Nimble Storage (no additional fee)
- Computing resources: From the following supported list of servers (existing (or) new):
- DL360, DL380, DL325, DL385, DL560, DL580 (more details on generations listed below under "What’s new’ Server count per dHCI configuration: 2 – 32 ProLiant DL servers HPE Infosight maybe used with HPE ProLiant DLs (no additional fee)
- Ethernet switches: The Choice of HPE M-Series, HPE Aruba 8320, Aruba 8325, Aruba 6300M (or) HPE FlexFabric 5710, 5945 switches, (or) Cisco Nexus 3k and 5k (Purchase of Cisco switches is not available through dHCI ordering on HPE web pages)
- Switch count per dHCI configuration: 2 Top of the Rack switches
- Hypervisor: VMware vSphere 6.5,VMware vSphere 6.7, and VMware vSphere 7.0
- For Greenfield configurations, Nimble storage array (AF/HF array that needs to be ordered to include dHCI software through OCA) and ProLiant DL server products and corresponding support mandatory components; Customers can optionally order HPE Switches (supported list above) at the time of purchase
- For Brownfield configurations, 1 Nimble storage array (AF/HF array that needs to be ordered to include dHCI software through OCA) is the mandatory component; The storage array would be deployed adjacent to existing HPE ProLiant DL servers (gen 9 or gen 10) and customers can optionally order additional DL servers and/or HPE switches (supported list above) at the time of purchase
- HPE Nimble Storage dHCI solution only support iSCSI based connectivity and does not support Fiber Channel (FC) in this release
Access expertise at every step of your IT journey with HPE Pointnext Services. Advisory Services focuses on your business outcomes and goals, to design your transformation and build a roadmap tuned to your unique challenges. Our Professional and Operational Services help speed up time-to-production and keep your IT stable and reliable.
- HPE Datacenter Care helps modernize and simplify IT operations. Partner with an assigned account team, access technical expertise, an enhanced call experience gives you priority access, choose hardware and software support, implement proactive monitoring to help stay ahead of issues, and access HPE IT best practices and IP.
- HPE Proactive Care offers an enhanced call experience and helps reduce problems with personalized proactive reports and advice. This also includes collaborative software support for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), (Red Hat, VMWare, Microsoft, etc.).
- HPE Foundation Carehelps when there is a problem and has a choice of response levels. Collaborative software support is included and provides troubleshooting help for ISVs running on your server.
Other Related Services
Defective Media Retention is optional and applies only to Disk or eligible SSD/Flash Drives replaced by HPE due to malfunction.
HPE Service Credits offers a menu of technical services, access additional resources, and specialist skills.
HPE Education Services delivers a comprehensive range of services to support your people as they expand their skills required for a digital transformation. Consult your HPE Sales Representative or Authorized Channel Partner of choice for any additional questions and support options.
Download HPE Nimble Storage dHCI Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!